Lessons to live by? That sounds a little heavy, doesn’t it?
Yeah it does, but it’s not meant to. You see, I think we all know this, but there are so many simple things that we can do that will make our day-to-day life better, and yet, we often either forget them or we choose to ignore them.
Or, at least I know I do this.
If you’ve been finding that your energy is low, that you’re more negative than usual, or you’re just feeling a little blah, read through these simple “life lessons” for a quick energy burst.
Because, trust me, as much as we might think changing our life takes some big, wild gesture, most of the time it’s making changes to those simple little things from our everyday life that make all the difference.
Let’s dive in!
52 simple life lessons to live by…
1. If you’re feeling cooped up in the house and need air, get it. Fresh air never fails to make things better.
2. Spending time on your appearance is not a waste of time. When you feel good, you look good.
3. If something will take you less than a minute, do it right away.
4. You’re your own worst critic. If you’re telling yourself things that you wouldn’t say to someone else, don’t say it at all. Kindness to yourself is just as important as kindness to others.
5. Embarrassing moments are fleeting. You might be thinking about something embarrassing after the fact, but nobody else is.
6. If you’re cold, put socks on.
7. Having gum on you at all times is never a bad thing.
8. You never regret a workout.
9. If you need to remember something, write it down.
10. A conversation is always better when you ask questions and listen.
11. Lighten up.
12. Waking up early increases productivity.
13. Arguments about petty details aren’t worth it.
14. Most people have good intentions.
15. Cruel judgements don’t help anyone.
16. Everyone thinks differently, and that’s okay.
17. Not everyone is going to agree with you. Again, that’s okay.
18. We’re all just trying to figure life out. There is no one way to do it, and nobody has all the answers (even if they pretend to).
19. You’re not for everybody.
20. Everybody is not for you.
21. Unexpected compliments can make someone’s day.
22. Eat more plants. Feel better.
23. We need water first thing in the morning. No ifs, ands, or buts.
24. Your time on earth is finite.
25. Complaining always makes you feel worse.
26. Talking about other people is never worth it.
27. Age is just a number.
28. You know your body best.
29. Do more things that you love.
30. Happiness is not a guarantee. You have to work to be happy.
31. Because yup, you are a work in progress.
32. There’s always more to learn.
33. Do things outside your comfort zone. You almost always realize they’re easier than you thought.
34. Challenge yourself. You’re capable of more than you think.
35. Don’t let other people define who you are. You can be whoever you want to be.
36. Take the vacation.
37. You need 8 hours of sleep.
38. Perfection is an illusion.
39. You don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes of someone’s life, so don’r pretend to.
40. Going to bed angry is never a good idea.
41. You know when you’re being fake.
42. Intuition is a real thing.
43. Smile more.
44. You can’t do it all.
45. You can’t be everything for everyone.
46. Most of our day-to-day problems aren’t a big deal.
47. Don’t judge a book by its cover.
48. If you’re hungry, eat something.
49. Eating too much never feels good after the fact.
50. Don’t take relationships for granted.
51. Don’t take your time for granted.
52. Live each day like it’s your last.
I know, I get it, some of these things may sound cheesy and cliche, but take a second to take a step back and listen to the idea, and not just the cliche behind the ideas. If you do, I think you’ll see that these ideas really are simple life lessons that make an impact on our everyday life.
Implement more of these universal truths into your life, and try reminding yourself of them on a regular basis. While they might be easy enough to forget, when we are able to keep them in the forefront of our minds, life tends to feel a little brighter.
What universal truths would you add to this list?